Scano di Montiferro - Iscanu - su situ de Iscanu
Avviso sui Cookie - Questo sito non svolge alcuna attività di profilazione. Tuttavia, per rendere disponibili alcune funzionalità ed assicurare ai visitatori una esperienza di navigazione ottimale, questo sito fa uso di cookie. Leggi la nostra informativa sui Cookie prima di proseguire la navigazione. Proseguendo la navigazione su questo sito gli utenti acconsentono al ricorso di cookie e tecnologie simili online da parte nostra.
Home News Articles Download Links Contattami

Various infos

Various information about Scano of Montiferro (Freely drawn by Wikipedia).

Scano di Montiferro

Technical file

State: Italy
Region: Sardinia
Province: Oristano
Latitude: 40░ 1382; 082;82; N
Longitude: 8░ 3582; 082;82; E
Altitude: 380 mts on the sea level.
Surface: 60,48 km▓
Inhabitants: 1.725
Density: 28,52 abs. / km▓
Bordering municipalitys: Borore (NU), Cuglieri, Flussio (OR), Macomer (NU), Sagama, Santu Lussurgiu, Sennariolo(OR), Sindia (NU)
Zip code: 09078 - Pref. tel: +39 0785
ISTAT Code: 095051 - Inventory code: I503
Name inhabitants: Scanesi
Saint patron: St. Peter Apostle

Scano di Montiferro (in Sardinian Iscanu, in Spanish Escano) it is a municicpality of 1.725 inhabitants of the province of Oristano, located in Sardinia in the center-western region of the Montiferru.

The country is situated in proximity of the center-western coast of Sardinia (Italy), around 380 meters on the sea level. 50 Kms away from Oristano, 18 kms from Macomer and 18 kms from Bosa. The climate is damp moderate. The inhabited area is situated behind the hills of St. George, and Saint Cross and of the promontory of Iscrivu.

--------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

Water's courses
Inside the inhabited area there are many fountains and sources as well as rivers:
Riu Mannu
Canale Panne Manca
Riu 'e Salighes
Riu 'e Tuvu
Riu 'e Tusio
In the town territory there are to remember the Sources of Sant'Antioco which gives the drinkable water to many countries of the district.

--------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
Neighborhoods of the country
Carrel'e cresia
Carrel'e funtana
Carrel'e iscola
Carrel'e mesu
Carrel'e puttu
Funtana 'ezza
Iscala ruggia
Montrigu 'e Reos
Puttu 'e cannas
Sa Serra
Santu Giolzi
Santu Nigola
S'Iscala 'e sa Corte
Su furraghe
Su samunadolzu

Urban churches
Parish church of St. Pietro apostle
Church of the Rosary
Church of the purgative Souls
Church of St. Nicol˛

Rural churches
Church of St. George
Church of Sant'Antioco
Church of Santa Barbara
Church of Saint Cross
Church of Saint Victoria
Church of Pedras doladas

Cuncula B
Funtana 'e Corbos
Lobos B
Sa Chessa
Sa Cobelcada
Sa figu ranchida
Su adu 'e Santa Silbana
S'Arca B
S' Ena
S' ozzu 'e lavru
Su Cadalanu
Nuragic village of Luzzanas

--------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

The municipality of Scano was populated since prehistoric epoch as shown by the recoveries in its territory of Domus de Janas and Giant's graves the presence of numerous nuragic installations . In the middle ages the villa of Scano belonged to the curatoria of the Montiferru, in the Judged of Torres and subsequently, in 1259, with the death of the giudicessa Adelasia, the curatoria was attached to the Judged of Arborea. In 1410 the villa passed to the Aragones ones and in 1421 was englobed in the territories subjected to the Catalan noble Zatrillas, sir of the Montiferru. The feud, increased in a consistent way, it assumed first the title of County of Cuglieri and then that of Marchesato of Sietefuentes and therefore separated between Marchesia and Francesca Zatrillas that it maintained the title marchionale. Around halves the XVII century we still find the villa of Scano included in the territories of the Marchesato. Following the stories related to the murder of the viceroy Camarassa that saw involved the Marquise in the homicide of her husband, Agostino of Castelvý, the feud was forfeited by the Crown in 1669. In the years that followed the villa of Scano it was object of exchange in the manifold divisions and assignments of territories among families of noble feudal . In 1834 was assigned to the Quesadas to which was definitely ransomed in 1838. In 1821 was included in the Province of Cuglieri; in 1848, abolish the Provinces and founded the Communes, Scano was inclusive in the administrative division of Nuoro and, subsequently, with R.D. 3702/1859, in the Province of Cagliari, District of Oristano and District of Cuglieri. With the institution of the Province of Oristano, decreed with Law n. 306 of July 16th 1974, Scano Montiferro entered to belong to such Province. Under the institutional profile the municipality of Scano di Montiferro as all the rural municipalities of Sardinia, draw origin from the primitive forms of community self-government evolved in the form of the villa and subsequently controled with R.E. September 25th 1771 with which the was founded community council. In 1848, following the fusion of the Kingdom of Sardinia with the States of the dry land, the representative subject of the communities was framed in the arrangement of the local institutions as Town Hall, moral corporate body with established autonomous administration for law.

--------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

The origins of the name
According to the researcher Giovanni Spano, the name of the place would derive from the Phoenician scan (inhabited place). In base to the searches of Pietro Lutzu (San Vero Milis 1859 - Scano Montiferro 1935), others would connect its origins to the Latin scamnum (stool), with cross-reference to the tradition according to which, in the territory of the country, the Christians were killed hanging them with a rope to the neck, leaned on a bench that was removed in the moment of the execution. The linguist Massimo Pittau draws the origins of the name by "terrinu escanu": a rich territory of bait (the arboreal mushroom Polyporus fomentarius) to light on the fire. Other interpretations, less notes and less accredited in comparison to that of the Spano, make reference to the Latin scamna (Roman unity survey of rectangular form). The denomination of Montiferro, in reference to the massive volcanic that dominates the territory, the native name was applied with Regal Decree n. 825 of September 14th 1862. With the formation of the Kingdom of Italy in fact, was wanted to distinguish Scano from the homonym lombardic village, denominated Scano al Brembo now englobed in the town of Valbrembo.

--------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

St. Peter apostle (patron): 29 June
Blessed Virgo Queen of All the Saints: 11 September
Sant'Antioco doctor, martyr sulcitan: second Monday later Easter, second Monday later 15th of August
All town's festival: every 4 years in August. The next will be in 2008

--------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

The traditions of Scano are maintained alive from the history of the country, from its geographical position and from the honor of its inhabitants. Scano introduces the type of song "a cuncordu", typical of the area Montiferru-Planargia. Su cuncordu it accompanies the rites of the Holy Week with the songs of Miserere and the Stabat Mater. Besides it possesses in its repertoire su traju, sos muttos, sa oghe rea, su ballu tundu and su ballu cantigu. The tradition of the dance is still very alive. The dances of Scano are: su ballu tundu, sa dansa, su ballu cantigu, su ballittu and su dillaru. Among the performers of organetto of Scano we remember Salbadore Rosa (Ti Mericanu), that following to his father in this role has singly characterized the dance of Scano.

New-CMS 2.9.7 Valid CSS Valid html 5 GNU General Public License Admin
This page was created in 0.1302 seconds
Contenuto del div.